Also in this class...
More from this category (partial)...
- Cochran, Jacqueline - Aviation - 1993
- Skelton, Betty - Aviation - 2008
- Mantz, Paul - Aviation - 2002
- Earhart, Amelia - Aviation - 1992
- Wittman, Steve - Aviation - 1998
- Turner, Roscoe - Aviation - 1991
- Doolittle, James - Aviation - 1989
- Cleland, Cook - Aviation - 2000
- Shelton, Lyle - Aviation - 1999
- Falck, Bill - Aviation - 1994
Find Us on Facebook
Subscribe to our newsletter
Aviation - Class of 1997
One of the most successful unlimited pilots of the modern era. A seven-time champion, he was the Unlimited Class winner in the National Championships 1965-1969, 1971, 1977, all but the last in his highly-modified Grumman Bearcat. Set numerous qualifying and race records. In 1969, he set World 3-km speed record for piston-engine airplanes at 482 mph, breaking 1939 Nazi record.