Also in this class...
More from this category (partial)...
- Shelton, Lyle - Aviation - 1999
- Skelton, Betty - Aviation - 2008
- Doolittle, James - Aviation - 1989
- LeVier, Tony - Aviation - 2001
- Cochran, Jacqueline - Aviation - 1993
- Wittman, Steve - Aviation - 1998
- Turner, Roscoe - Aviation - 1991
- Curtiss, Glenn - Aviation - 1990
- Earhart, Amelia - Aviation - 1992
- Cleland, Cook - Aviation - 2000
Find Us on Facebook
Subscribe to our newsletter
Aviation - Class of 1997
One of the most successful unlimited pilots of the modern era. A seven-time champion, he was the Unlimited Class winner in the National Championships 1965-1969, 1971, 1977, all but the last in his highly-modified Grumman Bearcat. Set numerous qualifying and race records. In 1969, he set World 3-km speed record for piston-engine airplanes at 482 mph, breaking 1939 Nazi record.